Allow me to let you in on a little secret… you don’t need to be a makeup artist to achieve flawless makeup. Flawless makeup starts with the order of application. I’m here to guide you through the steps. See if you’re on track, if not change up your makeup game with these steps to achieve a flawless face! As you follow along you can skip any number of steps depending on your makeup preference. For a flawless face don’t swap any steps, unless otherwise noted!
Preparing Your Skin
The most important part of flawless makeup starts with a good and CONSISTENT skincare routine. Remember it’s all about order of application so don’t swap any steps!
- When you wake up WASH your face with a cleanser that is a good match for your skin type.
- Sunscreen (one specifically for faces)
- Primer (a little bit goes a long way)
If you contour using a CREAM make that your first step, if not follow the steps as listed below. You can swap steps 1 and 2.
- Foundation/BB Cream
If you don’t groom or fill in your brows now is the perfect time to start! Brows complete the face and make a huge difference, see for yourself and let me know what you think!
- Pluck stray hairs with tweezers
- Eyebrow pencil (small short strokes)
- Eyebrow Gel
- Concealer (over and under to clean up and highlight)
- Eye Primer
- Base Eyeshadow
- Transition Shadow (right above crease)
- Lid Shadow
- Crease Eyeshadow
- Inner Corner Eyeshadow (usually white to make eyes pop)
- Lip Primer
- Lip Pencil
- Lipstick/Lip Gloss/Lip Stain/Etc.
- Concealer (over and under to touch up lip lines)
If you use cream to contour do this before you do your face makeup. If you don’t use cream contouring should be your last step!
If you use a setting spray, go ahead and spritz yourself because you’re all done! Let us know what your favorite products are! What are beauty tips and tricks you cannot live without?!
Products We Recommend