We all know the guilty feeling of indulging in too many sweets. We have eaten pretty healthily all week but somehow cannot resist the temptation of that ice cream sundae after dinner. We end up disappointed with ourselves and wondering why we could not just say no. It is hard for EVERYONE to stay away from the sweets they have always loved. Some treats remind us of a hot summer day, while others take us back to that Christmas party at Grandmas a few years back. That is why this article is here, to help compile a list of a few treats that will make you very glad you indulged. Not just because of their delicious flavor, but because of their health benefits as well.
Savory, sweet, and worth it.
Here are a few of the best treats to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth:
- Dark chocolate covered strawberries: One of the easiest treats to make. Buy a bag of dark chocolate chips and melt them on the stove for a few minutes. Make sure the consistency is liquid. After that, dip each individual strawberry in the chocolate and put them in the refrigerator for about a half hour. AND there you go! Yummy and fast!
- Nutella Greek yogurt dip: A healthier twist on chocolate fondue. Mix Nutella with Greek yogurt and use as a dip with some fresh fruit or wheat crackers.
- Rice cake & chocolate & peanut butter: Take one rice cake, split it in half, (or use two if you wish), and spread Nutella on one half and peanut butter on the other. A healthier take on a sandwich!
- Heart Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies: Avocado replaces the butter! What more could you ask for? Yum.
- Greek Yogurt Breakfast Bark: A great way to start the day with vitamins and antioxidants. For this recipe all you need it Greek Yogurt, honey, and as many toppings as you would like. Start by combining the yogurt and honey, then add your toppings in. Line a tray with tinfoil and pour the mixture on top. Sprinkle toppings such as chocolate chips or coconut flakes on the bark and place it in the freezer for 2-4 hours. Once it is frozen use a knife to break apart the pieces and enjoy!
Be kind and forgiving!
Although these treats are nothing to be ashamed of, we all make mistakes, it is part of being a human. Treat yourself every once in a while and your body will gladly thank you. Including some of these sweets in your diet can actually help your health! So think smart and have an open mind. Try these new recipes and you will not be sorry!