Are you adventurous with my very first meal of the day? Do you have high rotation breakfasts? We all have a handful of favorites that are healthy and quick to prepare. We love to peruse our favorite recipe sites and blog to find breakfast ideas.
Take extra time on the weekend to prepare something a bit more special. It’s the time that you can play with new ingredients and spend time just enjoying the whole cooking experience. We’re sharing The Pioneer Woman’s frittata and my favorite is her Carb Buster Breakfast. I also love to visit Robyn at Add a Pinch. Check out her Make Ahead Breakfast Ideas.
Here’s a list we compiled as our top 5 breakfasts on high rotation. They’re all served with a glass of V8 and a cup of black tea.
1. Soft poached eggs on whole wheat toast with avocado (Often considered a hangover cure)
2. Oatmeal with semi-skimmed milk, raisins and brown sugar
3. Muesli with full fat Greek yoghurt and strawberries.
4. Chopped fresh fruit sprinkled with seeds, nuts and a small scoop of ricotta cheese
5. Eggs over easy with spicy sweet potatoes (Recipe below)
Spicy Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
1 large sweet potato peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
1 tsp or more of Blackening Seasoning (I buy mine at The Spice Market)
1 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Place all ingredients into a ziploc baggie and shake. Cook in a skillet on the stove until nicely browned.
What’s your high rotation breakfast of choice? We’re super interested in this kind of thing so leave a comment with your answer – don’t be shy!